Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese
By December 17, 2011Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
[recipe] Tivall - Vegetarian Mince Meat-free mince made from soya and wheat proteins. A delicious and nutritious alternative to …
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 pack Tivall vegetarian mince
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 150 ml red wine
- 400 g chopped tomatoes in juice (1 tin)
- 300 g spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- chopped basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy pan, heat the oil on medium heat and fry onion, garlic and pepper 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- Add mince and herbs and fry for a further 3 minutes (while stirring).
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with spaghetti, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
Tivall – Vegetarian Mince Meat-free mince made from soya and wheat proteins. A delicious and nutritious alternative to meat. Serves 4, 300g.